Click here to download the latest school newsletter.
Please disregard any earlier copies of this newsletter. This current version, dated 10th April, has been updated and amended due to some inaccuracies in the previous version (dated 8th April).
We are proud to announce that records have again been broken in both A Level and GCSE examinations for 2013.
6th Form results
- Pass rate at A2 99%
- Significant increase in the percentage gaining A*/A grades at A2 and AS
- Improvement at A2 for percentages gainer higher grade (A-C) passes for students studying single, double and 3+ awards
- Improvements on virtually ALL benchmarks at both AS and A2
- 59% 5 or more A*-C including English and Mathematics
- 89% 5 or more A*-C
- Significant % improvements in 3 year trends in both 5 or more A*-C and 5 or more A*-C inc E/M
- Improvements in ALL of the following TEN areas: 5 or more A-G, 1 or more A-G,2 Sciences, A-C MFL, English Baccalaureate, 1 or more A-C, Levels of Progress in English, Levels of Progress in Mathematics, Average Points score per student and Average Points score per entry
Congratulations to all students for their outstanding efforts and quite wonderful achievements. A thank you too for the expertise and commitment of our dedicated staff. Well done all!
The New Academy
Thank you for your interest in Oldbury Academy, an establishment with whom all partners are proud to be associated. We offer you a warm welcome and a unique insight, too, into our philosophy, our policy and our procedures. We have high expectations of both our students, and our staff and, through their hard work and commitment, we have made enormous progress in recent years, securing some of our best ever examination results and improving year upon year. We are immensely proud of these achievements and recognise the expertise and tremendous effort of all involved. Nevertheless, there can be no complacency and no ceiling to where we might aim to be in the years to come. Our 'Outstanding' OFSTED report in 2011 will mean very little unless we continue to grow, and fulfil, our aspirations and ambitions. Our conversion to Academy status is a step in the right direction; it provides the springboard to help us achieve these goals. As head teacher, I urge all stakeholders, both current and future, to rise to this challenge and embrace those changes ahead that will allow us to move to these higher levels, by transforming the learning experience at Oldbury. Whatever your involvement with this very special place may I wish you all well as we move, together, on our journey.